Thursday 30 August 2007

Wonderful world ?

Wake up today morning and switch on the TV to be greeted with images of the new 7 wonder announcement, some millionaire has hit upon a super idea to make money and the rest of the world celebrates. The announcement has been made, I cant deny being happy that Taj Mahal has made the list.

I grab my cup of coffee and sit with the papers as Chaka Khan begins her rendition of the Louis Armstrong classic - "What a wonderful world"

Papers carry news about a suicide bomber killing 103 in Iraq, 70 dead in Lall Masjid in Islamabad, Glasgow bombings, a paeodophile rapist getting deported to US, 4 children getting sexually abused in their school by some attendant and I hear the lines from the song... "And I think to myself, what a wonderful world."

No comments: