Sunday 13 September 2009

Wonder lost?

"I am going to Greenland for my summer holidays."

"Did you know MRF stands for Madras Road F@#@ers."

"The Singapore Babboon has the stinkiest urine... one drop requires 3000 buckets of water to clean."

"When you get a bad hand of cards, you have to scream F#@K and throw it down."

"Greenland is so called because it is completely covered with Korean Grass."

"We can find out who farted by touching that person's head, it will be hot."

"Boost is the secret of Sachin's energy."

Those were among the many things that I was fooled into believing when I was a kid. I realised some of them were lies after trying it out with my mother (the bad hand of cards one for example) and was quickly brought to my senses... nothing like a spanking to get all your senses to work, not just the sense of touch!

I was a little kid who looked at the world in wonder and did not know much. As one grows older, the naivete gets replaced by cynicism and disbelief. My natural inclination is to question the source... give a sarcastic wisecrack and snub the person... verify... and if it turns out to be true, act as if I knew it all along!

I wish I was a kid again and looked at things like I am seeing them and hearing them the first time. Maybe that's why I love travelling to new places and taking part in new experiences. Its the wonder associated with doing something or seeing something for the first time... Really need to visit Greenland sometime!


6 comments:

Ganesh Jeyaraman said...

yeah, it's always great the first time eh?... ahem ahem..:D
but seriously, the initial line-up of make-believes.... :) very true man!

Arun said...

dude that fart thing is a universal strategy to bring out justice.. when u say the farter's head will be hot.. the one who farted unknowingly takes his hand to the head to check. thereby u catch him...
it works like a first time everytime, and u never get bored of it..

archith said...

kind of ironic that the guy who had to admit to expulsion of gastric emission in college grounds is giving us theories on it lol

nice to see updates on ur blog da. been a while.

Vinay Sekhar said...

Just to clarify... "the guy who had to admit to expulsion of gastric emission in college grounds is giving us theories on it"... the guy being referred to is Arun!

Arun said...

i dint fart!!!! My head is not HOT! ooops i just touched my head.. aiyayoooooo

Ganesh Jeyaraman said...

hehe.. this is fun!